6 months ago
Engineer II Mechanical Failure Analysis
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Mechanical Failure Analysis Engineer
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a diversified Fortune 100 company, with more than 122,000 people in 100 countries
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations.
We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
This position is based in Phoenix, AZ
* The primary role is to conduct material failure analyses of gas turbine engine components and accessories. You will work closely with the investigative team associated with each failure occurrence under moderate supervision.
* Aspects of the job include planning, coordinating, and conducting the failure analysis and communicating (verbal and written) the results to the investigative team.
* Also requires active participation in and support of the component investigation (CI) group's activities, goals, and high performance metrics.
* Will also support activities of other areas of the MET lab when
Executing Project Subtasks
Ensure project and product compliance
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related discipline
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident due to export restrictions
* Some years direct experience in mechanical failure analysis and metallography
* Challenges the failure analysis process to realize technical and process improvements
* Contributes to the improvement of technical and process failure analysis elements
* Able to efficiently resolve ambiguous project objectives where significant complexity exists
* Demonstrated efficiency in planning and executing failure analysis of complex problems
* Demonstrated evidence of analyst conclusions widely accepted within Chief/Product Integrity organization.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* Some Travel Required
* 1st Shift
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD9046
* Category: Engineering
* Location: USA-Phoenix-111 S 34th St. USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.