3 months ago
Engineer II Project-T900
The T900 (HPW3000) Turboshaft Engine Project Engineering organization has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to support engine design activity. The successful candidate will lead a cross functional product team of approximately 5 full time equivalent engineers to identify design solutions to specific engineering component design challenges in support of the US Army customer. The candidate will work to define the requirements, identify technical challenges, and generate design solutions, including coordination across the ATEC partnership, while meeting all schedule and budget limitations.
The T900 project engineering team is responsible for planning and managing all engineering activities for the T900 engine within the Engine and Power Systems organization of Honeywell Aerospace. The T900 engine is being offered by ATEC as a replacement for the T700 engine for the Apache and Blackhawk Helicopter applications. ATEC is a 50:50 joint venture between Honeywell Aerospace and Pratt & Whitney. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and services solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
• Lead the technical team to define design solutions to novel technical challenges, while demonstrating compliance to all technical requirements.
• Support cost account manager for assigned scope, including Earned Value Management System reporting. Annual budgetary responsibility of approximately $1M.
• Drive engineering activities across the ATEC partnership ensure delivery of an optimized design solution, including systems engineering impacts.
• Support major engine customer design reviews to achieve program deliverables.
• Conduct risk management for proposed technical approach, define risk mitigation plans, and execute technology maturity plans where required.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or equivalent.
* Two plus years experience in engine design and development or similar mechanical field.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen to Legal Permanent Resident
* Prior design and development experience in a similar field is desired.
* Knowledge of system design and development processes.
* Previous cost account management experience.
* Demonstrates clear bias for action to identify and resolve issues.
* Excellent personal skills in order to resolve conflicts within Honeywell, US Army Customer, and across the ATEC partnership.
* Demonstrated ability to cross-functional teams in a matrix organization to accomplish technical objectives under strict schedule constraints.
* Job ID: 00358190
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.