10 months ago
Engineer II Systems
Exciting opportunity to work with INS and GPS systems!
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
This Systems Engineer will be responsible for requirement generation, test, and analysis of inertial sensors (gyros and accelerometers) in inertial navigation and GPS systems. This individual will contribute to and/or lead projects in various stages of development, working with teams of engineers and interfacing with customers. The Systems Engineer will be a major contributor to technical proposals and other documents and will need to have a working knowledge of INS/GPS navigation as applied to INS/GPS systems.
The selected individual will be responsible for meeting technical schedule and cost requirements for the assigned projects as well as interfacing with both commercial and military customers in technical program definition and execution.
The types of interfaces used include Global Positioning Systems (GPS), MIL-STD-1553, RS-422 and Ethernet. Proven hardware and software integration and testing experience along with strong technical communication and teaming skills are baseline for the assignment activities.
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
You Must Have:
* Due to ITAR Regulations and requiring the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance candidate must be US Citizen.
* Bachelors of Science discipline.
• 2 years technical experience
• Knowledge of requirements development/test procedures, DOORS, and MatLab experience is desired.
• INS and/or GPS experience a plus.
• Strong technical communication and teaming skills are highly desired
• BS Engineering, Electrical or Aerospace preferred, MS Engineering, Electrical or Aerospace science desired
• DoD experience a plus.
• 6-Sigma certification or the ability to obtain certification is desired.
• Possess good technical writing skills.
• Experience making significant technical contributions to a project a plus.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
* Job ID: 00357797
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Clearwater, FL USA
11 months ago
only 8 days until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close