9 months ago
Engineer Principal Project
Pipeline - Principle Project Engineer
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems (CS) and Displays & Graphics (D&G) CoEs, part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace carries out design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions.
Key areas of focus are:
Control Systems: Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inerting Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors.
Displays and Graphics: Hardware and software related to Display’s systems, LCD Displays, CDU/MCDU, Advanced Graphics Hardware, Touch Screen Controller, Synthetic Vision, INAV (Terrain, Weather, FMS Map), 2D/3D Moving Map, Data Driven Charts, Graphical Flight Planning, and Uplink Graphical Weather.
These positions will be located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, Toronto, Canada or Tucson, Arizona.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Principle Project Engineer
• Management of a development project including planning / estimating scope, schedule, cost, technical, resources, risk management, and execution.
• Overall technical coordination and leadership of design, development and change activities within the engineering team to ensure that all customer and internal requirements are being addressed.
• Project focal point with all internal departments such as Program Management, Manufacturing (AME / ISC), Engineering, Product Assurance, Supplier Management, Contracts and Quality
• Technical point of contact with our customers and suppliers
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
• 8+ years of related Aerospace Engineering experience with strong Project execution abilities.
• Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
• Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
• Tenacity in meeting project objectives
• Strong problem solving skills
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Project Engineering experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
• Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
• Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
• Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems, Display and Graphics and related components
• Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
• Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
• Knowledge of project planning, tracking, reporting and management tools and methodologies. PMP certification is highly valued.
• Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
• Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
• Some travel required depending on position ~ 10%
• As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
* Job ID: 00353479
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA