3 months ago
In this exciting and challenging role you will be providing production support for electroplating (Sn, Cu, Ag, Cd, Ni, electroless Ni, hard chrome), brush plating, chromium anodizing, and chemical stripping of steel and nickel alloy gas turbine engine components. You will be responsible to ensure compliance to technical data and environmental regulations, document best practices, and provide technical process training. This position is a 1 year term with the possibility of extension.
• Improve economy and quality, and reduce turn-around-times for products or processes.
• Investigate and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies relating to equipment and processes to reduce variation and improve reliability.
• Fixture design
• Working collaboratively with Technicians to standardize and optimize masking and process parameters
• Maintain and update process work instructions and associated documentation
• Facilitate technical process training and qualifications
• Coordinate and interact with outside resources including contractors, equipment vendors, and supply vendors for process support, improvement or repair development.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience
• Knowledge of materials and plating process (including masking, stripping, cleaning, anode design, solution maintenance, AMS specifications)
• University degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or materials engineering or equivalent education/experience
• Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing process engineering environment is an asset.