StandardAero’s Component Services Sector is in search of an experienced Repair Development Engineer with specific experience in developing and implementing repair processes specific to aero- and aero-derivative gas turbine engine components.
Under the direction of the RD Engineering Manager, identify and execute the implementation of new and derivative repairs for a wide variety of engine components.
Provide support and consultation services with regard to new technologies and the development of new repairs and processes.
Participate in all phases of product/process development. Provide analytical support, evaluation and calculations for new repair development studies and subsequent initiation including cost benefit analysis, evaluating end-user performance and providing cost and schedule estimates for proposed work packages.
Prepare engineering reports and data packages for repair development substantiation and approval.
Demonstrate the technical expertise and experience necessary to make airworthiness engineering decisions regarding major repair design activities, in accordance with the company design approval organization manual.
Compile and analyze data on repairs; identifies root causes and rectify; develop measures of performance on all repair processes. Use these data to assist with continuous improvement of component repair methods and capabilities.
Support the production development group activity in modifying and refining existing repair schemes to eliminate and/or reduce the number of rejects occurring.
Provide technical training support or mentoring for repair development and metallurgical analysis.
Direct acquisition of equipment as required to meet repair development objectives.
Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a related engineering discipline. Specific turbine engine component repair development experience is mandatory.
* 4 year degree in materials science, mechanical engineering or metallurgy
* Thorough knowledge of gas turbine engine theory and performance
* Fully conversant with testing methods and experiment design to meet airworthiness compliance program requirements.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials and processes.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of PC's
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Experience working in jurisdictions governed by a regulatory body or with an association that is governed by local legal requirements, registration is required.
* Experience in an aerospace engineering environment.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.