about 1 month ago
The Design Engineer Senior prepares working plans, detailed drawings, and complete mechanical or electrical drawings of complex components and assemblies from notes, verbal instructions, and rough or detailed sketches for engineering or manufacturing purposes, frequently using computerized equipment (e.g., AutoCAD/CAD/CAM).
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Makes engineering computations, writes specifications and makes adjustments in drawings or specifications. Verifies completed work, checking dimensions, material and quantities to be used.
• Using technical data from specifications and site surveys, prepares drawing documentation for engineering change proposals and engineering installation plans for the installation/upgrade of complex electronic communications equipment.
• Defines and prepares illustrations, posters and layouts for technical publications, presentations, briefings and displays including INSCOM regulations and pamphlets. Prepares documentation for briefings and technical reports.
• Prepares drawing documentation for engineering change proposals and engineering plans for the installation/upgrade of INSCOM facilities to include electrical and mechanical schematics.
• Applies advanced technical knowledge, clearly exceeding the knowledge conveyed within the normal scope of vocational training, to solve unusually complex problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by reference to manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents) in working on intelligence systems unique to US military and DoD operations.
• Consults in the use of high-powered workstations as used by Military Intelligence and DoD CONUS operations.
• Transfers and analyzes intelligence between US and local station systems.
• Advises on architectural development and configuration of site systems. These systems are unique to US Department of Defense (DoD) and military sites.
• Perform duties under the terms of this contract that involve handling classified information as well as access to classified areas and equipment.
• Conducts facility/system walk-through to document current as built status.
• Develop, update and maintain intelligence system drawing packages.
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of systems integration, and DoD standards and configuration control board procedures as established by DoD and US Military Intelligence organizations.
• Expertise in technical schematic and engineering, development, research and analysis of information required to integrate and to support complex US military and DoD systems.
• A technical understanding of the equipment and systems at the unit/site and of the connectivity between systems.
• Command of fluent English, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams written under the ANSI standards.
• Expertise in the analysis of information required to integrate and to support complex systems unique to US Military Intelligence and DoD operations.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and four years of related (mechanical drawing/design)
• Experience or engineering technology or information systems management, or equivalent
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in analytical support of engineering activities.
• Experience with DoD and military systems support assigned to this contract with respect to physical configuration auditing (PCA) and configuration control management.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and Project, etc
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
• Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.