12 months ago
Job ID #: 9643
Location: US - New Hampshire - Keene
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - New Hampshire - Keene
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Yes
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Travel Percentage: 10
Hours of Work: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Daily
AMETEK Precitech, Inc., headquartered in Keene, New Hampshire, provides a unique opportunity to work in a small highly technical environment, while enjoying the benefits of an established leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical instruments distributed globally. Enjoy working where others vacation, in a location that represents the heart of New England.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will significantly manage and direct the design, detail and analysis of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components for use in ultra precision, computer numerically controlled, machine tools. Create system design specifications utilizing 3-D modeling software, such as Solid Works or AutoCAD, working with and managing a product design team to ensure a timely design-to-production process that meets budgetary and project specifications. Solve complex design or custom requirements via analysis of data, such as vibration and thermal analysis, and research of technical solutions appropriate to established requirements. Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Production personnel to transition designs into production, and serve to resolve necessary design changes and documentation as needed to ensure shipping a completed product in a timely fashion.
* Manage and lead assigned projects to ensure adherence to specifications and conformance to schedules allowing for timely completion within budgetary guidelines.
* Conceptualize and Design components utilizing 3-D modeling software.
* Provide FEA analysis to incorporate vibration and thermal design considerations.
* Create bills of material and participate in sourcing recommendations.
* Participate in the management of vendor relationships and monitoring of conformance.
* Generate technical documentation, such as product manuals and engineering bulletins.
* Process engineering changes (ECOs) and participate in engineering design review meetings.
Interface with Service, Manufacturing, and Planning as necessary to maintain process flow of components through production.
* Research and compile data to ensure specifications are accurate and reflect actual product.
* Hardware verification testing on the Assembly floor using tools and capacitance gauges, programming and operation of CNC machines, PID process controllers, electronic indicators, accelerometers, laser positioning accuracy testing equipment, autocollimators, interferometers, etc.
* Interface with customers on a regular basis, and participate in sales activities such as trade shows as needed.
* Travel to customer locations and assist with Service on installations and repairs as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering and science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Highly skilled with algebra, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
* Experience with FEA methods and equipment including: Finite Element Analysis, Vibration Modal Analysis, Spindle Error Analysis, Mathematical Modeling of bearings, etc.
* Experienced in materials science and electrical components.
* Experience with electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of machining theory, tools and techniques, including CNC programming and relevant codes.
* Knowledge of metrology.
* BSME with 7 or more years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Masters Degree or Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 or more years experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.