3 months ago
What does a Test Automation Engineer do for Allegiant?
The Test Automation Engineer will be part of a team comprised of local and off-shore team members and will be responsible for development of automated tests and supporting automation efforts for new and existing software applications and services. Will work
collaboratively with the off-shore team, providing research and assisting with information gathering in order to expedite the automation process for API, performance and UI browser tests. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful with a
high interest in working with different technologies including XPATH, CSS, JSON and RESTful webservices. This role will require working closely with the Development team and Quality Assurance manual test team to improve the existing set of tests, ensure that
the necessary test coverage is in place, and identify any opportunities to automate otherwise manual efforts.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills will be necessary in order to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff and in order to prepare test documentation and conduct knowledge transfers. The Test Automation Engineer will analyze
automated test results and prepare distributable reports as well as closely follow and track software defects found through the automated testing.
What are some of the daily duties of a Test Automation Engineer?
• Write, maintain and debug test automation software to include, UI, webservices API and performance tests for current and upcoming projects.
• Design, develop and maintain customized tools and systems used to support the Quality Assurance testing processes. This includes building standalone automation utilities and web portals targeting end-users of varying technical skills.
• Collaborates with the DevOps, Systems Engineering and Development teams to effectively integrate automated test suites into an automated deployment pipeline.
• Support the off-shore automation team with code maintenance, troubleshooting issues and information gathering throughout the project release cycle.
• Identify opportunities to assist the manual test team, such as automation of test-data generation, test execution and development of reporting tools.
• Setup and configure new automated tests on Jenkins (continuous integration) server.
• Develop and schedule maintenance scripts to perform routine tasks on virtual machines and servers within the test automation infrastructure.
• Provide documentation on automated test configurations and usage.
What are the minimum requirements to be a Test Automation Engineer?
• BA or BS degree in CS, IT, Information Systems preferred or relevant experience.
• 5 or more years of test automation experience using any of the following: Appium, Selenium, TestNG and experience writing automated tests for airline software applications.
• 2 years of proven experience building customized testing tools based on MongoDB, Express, Angular, NodeJS, and scaffolding tools such as Yeoman and its underlying webapp generators.
• Must be able understand and define metadata for individual test cases, and using this to qualify tests for execution runs.
• Ability to integrate automated test results data into test management and reporting systems in order to illustrate test coverage, reliability and effectiveness of the automated tests suites.
• 5 or more years of experience with object-oriented programming and must posses a strong understanding of coding principles, best practices and coding conventions.
• Knowledgeable with airline operations to include airline maintenance, flight scheduling, DOT regulations, reservations, fare classes, and DCS.
• Possess solid Linux skills including shell navigation, command line operations and shell scripting.
• A curiosity to understand and leverage tools and technologies related to testing and automation.
• Strong collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills.
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be Test Automation Engineer?
• Experience testing SOAP or RESTful web services (SoapUI a plus)
• knowledge or experience using automation tools within a mobile (iOS/Android) environment.
• Knowledgeable with performance testing principles and tools (CloudTest a plus).
• Passionate about software testing and discovering failures within a system.
• Understanding of QA methodologies and the SDLC.
• Knowledge or experience in writing SQL queries.
• Experience in writing test cases and conducting white-box testing.
• Knowledge of Jenkins or other continuous integration server.
What are the physical requirements of a Test Automation Engineer (if applicable)
• This position may require sitting in front of a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age,
religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.
19 days ago
only 7 days until close
15 days ago
only 6 days until close
14 days ago
only 3 hours until close
only 13 days until close