6 months ago
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 14,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
The Engineering Co-op is a selective recruitment path to multiple full-time Engineering roles within in Timken. The Engineering Co-op is a rotational assignment for a University Engineering student who plans to work for 3 to 5 semester terms at Timken while completing their Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
The Engineering Co-op would be assigned to one of many engineering departments within Timken including Application, Design, Manufacturing, Process, Product Testing, Sales Engineering, or Service Engineering.
During the first semester term in which the co-op would work 40 hours/week, all Co-op Engineers would be exposed to other Engineering groups within Timken. The Co-op would then apply to be selected for subsequent co-op terms as part of a defined path. The three paths are:
1. Engineering Path: This path would rotate thru Application, Design, Product, Process, Testing, or Manufacturing groups at Timken World Headquarters.
2. Manufacturing Path: This path would rotate thru Supply Chain, Lean, Quality and Supervisory roles with subsequent terms at Timken USA Manufacturing plants located in Ohio, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, or other states.
3. Sales Engineering Path: This path would rotate thru Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, or Purchasing departments at Timken World Headquarters and include one term in a field sales office in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Peoria, or other cities.
* Read engineering drawings and utilize CAD drawing and modeling tools
* Read and produce engineering reports and tests reports
* Provide engineering analysis using Timken formulas or analysis tools
* Produce and deliver presentations on engineering and technical topics
* Work on assigned projects
* Complete training courses and assignments
* Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metallurgical Engineering, or similar major
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
* Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours
* Must be a full-time student (12 semester hours) attending an accredited four-year university
* Must have experience serving in a leadership role(s) and working on team projects/activities
* Demonstrated leadership in academic or extra-curricular activities
* Demonstrated success in achieving goals
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
* Strong computer skills, specifically experience with Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.