|Engineering Consultant, Completions Mech Designer / Aircraft Cabin Interiors|
|Description:||Eng Consultant - Mech Designer, Completions / Aircraft Cabin Interiors
Location: Savannah, GA
Rate: $55.00 - $63.00/HR
Long Term contract
-Position in Completions, Mechanical Engineering / Experience Designer needed to support Aircraft Cabin Interiors.
-Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
-Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
-Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
-Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam. Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
-Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
Other preferred skills:
Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point. Job Description: Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description.5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Company products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
|Location||Savannah , GA|
|Minimum Experience (yrs):||5+|
|Required Education:||High School|