4 months ago
Required experience to include:
- Knowledge of finite element analysis for both primary and secondary structures.
- Working knowledge of FEMAP.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams on small and large projects. Understanding of scheduling and budgeting.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 91 & Part 135 requirements.
- Experience in stress analysis of primary structures.
Preferred experience to include:
- Experience working with company delegated structural AR's in an ODA environment in support of new and unique STC certification of aircraft installations.
- MRB experience.
- Experience performing structural analysis on interior furnishing.
- Experience working in a completions environment.
- Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point.
Responsibilities primarily involve overseeing a stress team focused on interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting existing and new aircraft. The Group Head will plan, track, and review the work of the Stress team for the designated project. The Group Head will be the Stress team's primary point of contact for cross-discipline groups working the same project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 10 yrs eng exp with Bachelors and 5 yrs in specific technical discipline. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs PhD in fields applicable to this job. 2 yrs supv or broad managerial responsibility.
Supervises a group of engineering employees within a similar discipline responsible for task and objective assignments. Utilizing diversified knowledge and engineering experience, provides direction to subordinate employees, administers performance standards, schedules and budgets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Develops and evaluates plans for projects and activities; assesses technical feasibility and soundness of proposed analysis, tests, or concepts being applied. 2. Provides direct supervision of employees of similar expertise for a large project or a number of small projects. 3. Communicates performance expectations, salary administration, and conducts performance appraisals. 4. Responsible for establishing and executing objectives that support short term goals. 5. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods; represents the organization to resolve important issues and to plan and coordinate work. 6. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings concerning specific projects. 7. Acts as an advisor to subordinate leads or staff members. 8. Actively participates in daily operations as required to meet schedules and resolve issues.
Additional Functions: 1. May recommend modifications to operating policies. 2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline. 2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain the cooperation of others.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 81125
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time