3 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Engineering Internship (Ballard Technology)
Astronics Ballard Technology (Ballard), located in Everett, WA, is a leader in the design, manufacturing and support of avionics databus interface solutions for commercial and defense applications. Ballard's proven experience in providing products for test and simulation applications has provided a strong foundation for its robust and growing line of rugged embedded interface products. Ballard's proprietary Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) databus solutions are key to the operations and support of a wide range of military and commercial aircraft, including leading fixed wing, rotary wing, and unmanned systems. Ballard's high standards and consistency in engineering and production, driven by an AS9100 quality management system, have resulted in a long-standing reputation for superior reliability, quality, and service with strong customer relationships.
With a culture that reflects creative problem solving, helpfulness, and balance, Ballard has maintained a long history of profitability and growth, now employing over 65 valued employees.
Ballard Technology is seeking to develop our engineering pipeline. To that end, we are looking for excellent engineering students who are keenly interested in forging a career developing embedded systems. We are looking for software developers who understand electronics well, and circuit designers who are highly capable of designing complex systems. We will tailor the intern experience based on the successful candidate's skills and interests.
The primary responsibility will be participation in the design and development of embedded computer sub-systems for the aviation industry. The design tasks will principally consist of supervised design and verification of embedded software or hardware systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ballard Technology has consistently provided challenging and meaningful projects for our interns. Potential tasks and learning outcomes include:
* Perform software design and verification or circuit design and verification.
* Generate complete and accurate documentation for specified tasks.
* Work within a structured engineering development process.
* Troubleshoot problems/issues associated with products and provide analytical basis for problem resolution or workaround.
* Use analytical equipment to troubleshoot and analyze system and interface problems (signal analyzers, oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, etc.).
* Write technical documents.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
* Strong programming skills with procedural and object oriented programming languages; C and/or C++ experience preferred
* Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
* Familiarity with the Linux operating system
* Ability to solve complex problems
* Ability to author and execute test plans
* Ability to identify bugs and then debug source code
* Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio a plus
* Ability to articulate technical information and product instructions through thoughtful written material that is tailored to the appropriate audience.
Position requires access to controlled technology and information.Â To abide by Export Compliance Regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status.
Must pass a criminal background check prior to starting work.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Enrolled towards completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in electrical engineering (preferred), computer engineering, or computer science.
Astronics Ballard Technology
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.