9 months ago
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIONS – AFTERMARKET ENGINEERING MANAGER - #4871
Responsible to lead, manage, and provide technical direction to a customer support engineering team supporting Aircraft Maintenance, Retrofit, and Overhaul (MRO) efforts. Defines plans, monitors and controls scope, costs, schedule and technical performance; coordinates the technical effort and establishes operational plans to accomplish program objectives.
• Maintains overall responsibility for ensuring that in-service products and systems meet technical performance requirements and/or customer expectations.
• Directs team to ensure effective and timely fielded product and system performance monitoring, trend identification, root cause determination and issue resolution. Maintains overall ownership of customer technical issue resolution.
• Closely collaborates with OEM engineering teams to improve current and future systems and products through fielded product intelligence, lessons learned and team expertise. Proactively seeks out opportunities to leverage fielded product experience for CSO & OEM benefit.
• Significant contributor in building and maintaining the product improvement & retrofit pipeline
• Demonstrates a strong commitment to establishing and maintaining best in class technical customer support, including timely, effective and friendly 24/7 technical AOG support.
• Independently develops and leads strategies to improve team effectiveness and enhance customer satisfaction
· Bachelor's degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline. Master's degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience. Prior management/supervisory or project engineering responsibility of 2-3 years preferred. Aircraft Maintenance, Retrofit, and Overhaul (MRO) experience strongly preferred.
· Has thorough knowledge of the technical engineering discipline or domain, and products or systems. Understands and is fully proficient with project management, engineering documentation requirements, and engineering analysis tools.
· Ability to apply knowledge of program management, the product development cycle, and understanding of cost accounting principles and methods (e.g. earned value management). Experience with program and design reviews and/or other customer requirements and industry practices.
· Ability to foster teamwork and inclusion with diverse groups of employees. Ability to guide and develop the team by providing challenging assignments and through effective coaching, feedback, recognition, and skill assessment and training.
· Thorough knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, policies, and compliance requirements.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Maintains open communication within the team and other business areas. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID #4871. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.