Responsible for leading and supervising a team of Engineers as they provide design services within design services
within budget in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO Cabin Solutions standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Serve as supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities including hiring of employees, monitoring of performance, administering of disciplinary action, separation of employment, and resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
2. Coordinate the group’s activity by providing technical support, supervision and guidance to design engineering personnel for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved.
3. Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer-provided data and aircraft specifications.
4. Responsible for the engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining commercial aircraft seating systems.
5. Provide proper distribution of tasks and labor to ensure that schedule and budgets are met.
6. Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met.
7. Set department objectives, assign projects and evaluate group(s) work for content and conformity with FAA, customer and HAECO requirements.
8. Maintain involvement in day to day HAECO operations to ensure that the highest level of engineering support is maintained at all times.
9. Maintain and expand expertise in aircraft industry design concepts and standards consistent with HAECO’s work scope environment.
10. Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and increase familiarity with HAECO’s internal policies and procedures.
11. Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO’s technical & commercial interests.
12. Prepare and implement department operating and capital budgets.