5 months ago
Engineering Principle Project
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems (CS), Displays & Graphics (D&G) and Software (SW) Centers of Excellence (CoE), part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace which carries out design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions are looking for Project Engineers.
Control SystemsCoE Project Engineer
Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inertial Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors.
Displays and Graphics CoE Project Engineer
Displays and Graphics: Hardware and software related to Display’s systems, LCD Displays, CDU/MCDU, Advanced Graphics Hardware, Touch Screen Controller, Synthetic Vision, INAV (Terrain, Weather, FMS Map), 2D/3D Moving Map, Data Driven Charts, Graphical Flight Planning, and Uplink Graphical Weather.
Software CoE Project Engineer
Coordinate across Epic/Apex product line projects with a world-wide team of other project engineers. Provide a single Point of Contact for this product line, representing projects at all levels of program meetings and presentations, from Proposals through Final Certification status. Works closely with technical teams for planning and tracks all aspects of projects: budget, staffing, milestones, quality, etc. Products include low-level software (boot, BIT, drivers, loaders), display core libraries and drivers, HW resource management (integration and measurement). Champion a “line of products” approach in the context of individual projects.
These positions will be located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area
Prepare and complete action plans
Customer-service standards completing audits
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
* Due to ITAR must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
* 8+ years of related Aerospace Engineering experience with strong Project execution abilities
* Project Engineering experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
* Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
* Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
* Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems, Display and Graphics and related components
* Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
* Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
* Knowledge of project planning, tracking, reporting and management tools and methodologies. PMP certification is highly valued.
* Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
* Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
* Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
* Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Tenacity in meeting project objectives
* Strong problem solving skills
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* 1st Shift
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD10290
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 21111 N. 19th Ave (Deer Valley), Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.