3 months ago
Engineering Professional - Airworthiness-TOR03688
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- As a member of the Airworthiness department at Bombardier represent the regulatory authority for the approval of new aircraft designs, product improvements and continued safety.
- Work with the Airworthiness team to provide key leadership for the continued safety, certification, and airworthiness for the Global Express Program.
- Organize and lead the logistics of internal/external certification activity,
- Liaise with certifying government authorities and provide regulatory guidance to other Bombardier disciplines.
- Be the main point of contact between the company and the regulatory authorities (mainly Transport Canada) for the assessment and disposition of issues impacting the safety of aircraft.
- Lead internal efforts to maintain an acceptable level of aircraft safety, provide visibility to Company management, and provide guidance on Company procedures related to Airworthiness processes.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- You have aviation experience, experience dealing with government authorities and certification regulations.
- You possess developed competencies related to Project engineering and have a good understanding of aircraft functionality.
- You possess great relational acumen and excellent social/interpersonal skills.
- You are organized/self-motivated and bilingual (French, English) with strong verbal/written English skills.
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), Internet skills, Knowledge of Documentum, and eRoom.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.11.2017, 5:29:55 PM