5 months ago
Engineering Program Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The AEOC PSE team is responsible for the linkage between E&T and AEOC Operations Centers for product issues requiring E&T support. The PSE organization is the “one” Engineering face for all Engineering related production issues. The PSE team takes leadership responsibility in working with engineering COEs and other cross-functional organizations to ensure a timely and coordinated approach to ISC production and factory support activity planning and execution.
Honeywell Aerospace has nearly 40,000 employees around the world and 2015 revenue of approximately $15.2 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_Aero.
The successful candidate will lead the technical execution of yield, quality and manufacturability product improvements and ensure continuity of supply of assigned products manufactured in the Deer Valley factory. Utilizing DFSS, DMAIC principles, will quantify and prioritize with AME the factors driving yield and quality issues. In addition, the candidate will coordinate with PSE Technical Managers/Product Engineers/Technicians, ECOE/ESEA/MCOE/ETS teams to develop design solutions to address key factors and introduce product and process improvement actions that have direct positive impact on factory yield, quality and overall delivery performance.
· Serves as project/technical execution focal and escalation point for Deer Valley production and factory issues, problems, escapes, and flow disruptions which require engineering support for assigned products to ensure ISC directed activities are properly addressed in a timely manner.
· Interfaces with ISC (Operations, AME, QA, and Procurement), M&PM, SBU’s, C&PS, and Engineering experts across disciplines and COEs including Product Integrity and Chief Engineers as needed to identify optimal solutions.
· Support AEOC PSE Site Leader and Technical Managers in activity prioritization, execution, data & metrics, work direction and issue resolution for ISC support.
· Set direction and lead all technical matters across a wide range of activities in several engineering disciplines.
· Develop and review / approve design changes needed to support the factory.
· Supports technical questions and provide oversight as needed with relevant suppliers, vendors & their products.
· Drives and ensures the application of Six Sigma DMAIC principles in product investigations and improvements. Application of applicable APQP tools, methodologies, and processes to capture applicable product and failure mode knowledge and lessons learned.
· Supports execution of PRO RCCA, Troubleshooting / Evaluations, Supplier Issue resolution, Customer Queries, Engineering Change Process, Analysis, Technical reports and White Papers, MRBs, RMRAs, Drawing Reviews, etc. as required.
· Provides manufacturing feedback and lessons learned to design COEs and PSE Strategic Process Team.
· Drives adoption and deployment of key HOS methodologies such as Tiered Accountability, Rapid Problem Solving, Visual Management, Leadership Standard Work, Gemba and Kaizens.
· Supports activity and project planning & estimation (scope, cost, effort, schedule), supports resource forecasting & allocation for activities related to the Deer Valley factory that require engineering support.
· Pursues and obtains funding / charge numbers for identified projects / tasks as required.
· Facilitates selection of appropriate components for improving designs and supports replacement of obsolete parts in existing designs.
· Reviews and approves the work of other team members and directs the work of other engineers and technicians.
Prepare and complete action plans
· Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status.
· Bachelors or higher Degree in Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience and significant experience; may be Black Belt, Lean Expert, or PMP certified
· Strong technical and project engineering skills with ability to coordinate the resolution of complex technical issues
· Material Review Board (MRB) authority highly desirable
· Ability to work in support of an off-site manufacturing site, in a changing environment.
· Demonstrated cross-functional working experience between departments and multi-site (i.e. Quality, ISC, PM, etc.) and other COE's is desirable; direct experience with E&T support for IPDS phase 6 products is preferred.
· Effective verbal, written and global communications, presentation, leadership, teaming and people skills are essential.
· Demonstrated ability in driving Six Sigma, and has a proven track record of productivity improvements.
· Ability to calmly deal with high pressure complex technical, production, and regulatory issues in an objective manner, developing/executing cross functional plans based on sound technical decisions.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Celebrating 100 Years In Aviation
* Continued Professional Development
* Some Travel Required
* 1st Shift
* Job ID: HRD3406
* Category: Engineering
* Location: ., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.