|Engineering Software Technician|
|Type:||6 mos + contract|
|Description:||Engineering Software Technician
Location: Sacramento, CA
6 month contract
**Must be a U.S. Citizen**
**This is a W2 position only**
- Provide desktop software installation, support and troubleshooting for engineering applications at a rocket engine company.
- Support over 1000 engineers in a geographically distributed environment.
- The technical applications range from PC-based client systems to high performance compute clusters.
- Job includes both remote support and in-person visits for software installations and troubleshooting.
- The ideal candidate works well with little direction, is a good problem solver and can work on problems for which the answer is not obvious.
- This will require a background in software and how it relates to hardware, networks, security and interactions/conflicts between software components.
- Candidate will work from a queue of requests and incidents to resolve with engineering applications.
- Experience in a computer user environment where tools such as Ansys, CAD, Matlab and technical computing apps were used.
- Software installation
- License management
- Working knowledge of Flex-LM or similar license management environment
- Windows desktop administration
- Ability to communicate with multiple audiences - IT and end users
- At least 5 years of experience in software installation and application troubleshooting
- Wind-chill configuration experience
- High School
|Location||Sacramento , CA|
|Minimum Experience (yrs):||5+|
|Required Education:||High School|