5 months ago
The Supplier Management (SM) team within the newly formed Boeing Global Services (BGS) has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Procurement Agent to join our team. Boeing delivers the industry’s largest portfolio of commercial aviation support and services. BGS is organized around the way airlines do business, designed to optimize the performance of their airplanes and operations, and backed by the knowledge and experience that only Boeing can provide. Come be a part of a team that manages one of the most dynamic and complex supply chains in the world.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) has multiple Procurement Agent openings across different commodities and locations. Procurement Agents play a pivotal role in managing, integrating and improving Boeing's supply chain.
In this role you will be responsible for and but may not be limited to:
* Contract and project management
* Developing & coordinating procurement solutions to best support customer requirements
* Assessing supplier capability & capacity
* Negotiating & executing supplier contracts
* Managing supplier delivery, quality, cost, and performance
* Optimizing the execution of the supply chain
* Managing supplier performance through collaborative relationships
* Identifying & mitigating supply chain risks
* Pursuing & developing continuous improvement opportunities
* Actively engage with BGS and Enterprise stakeholders
* Participate Cross-Functional Teams
* Participate and document Process Flows/Implementation of Lean Improvements
* Communicate project objectives and activities
* Gather data for supplier performance evaluation and improvement opportunities
* Review planning systems & prepare reports
* Review schedules, create policies for execution of procurement activities
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Successful candidates will demonstrate key skills in negotiation, effective written communications, project management, Lean, and procurement processes.
* A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies.
* Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
* Communication skills and customer focus are critical to be successful in the role.
* Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment is highly desired.
* Experience or coursework in Supply Chain or Supplier Management
Prior experience with procurement activities such as: interacting with suppliers, conducting supply chain management activities, negotiating contracts and data analytics familiarity.
* Previous experience implementing process and/or strategy improvements and an applied understanding of Lean practices.
* Ability to be self-directed in work and/or previous experience in a self-directed role.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award