4 months ago
EO/IR Product Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 46740BR Date posted 04/06/City Hood River
Country United States
UTC Aerospace Systems, Hood River TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
The Product Engineer position will join a highly experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The Product Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of the product throughout the product life-cycle, and entails activity dealing with issues of cost, producibility, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability and user features.
·Acts as a technical point of contact for the product line to the program, customer, partners and regulatory agencies
·Drive technical execution and decision-making including resolution of technical conflicts and issues
·Supports definition of program schedule
·Assures technical goals are met on schedule and to cost
·Conduct and support system design trade studies and analysis of system performance and reliability
·Develops reliability testing initiatives for new products or systems
·Reviews engineering specifications and drawings from a reliability perspective and advises engineers on product design modifications.
·Designs, develops and uses test methods and statistical process control procedures; recommends alternatives to ensure product reliability standards at product release.
·Maintains reliability database and tracks/analyzes data for trends (FMEA). Collaborates with manufacturing, design engineering, quality and vendors to determine root causes and to propose corrective actions for design and process deficiencies.
·Develops and uses acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes and product reliability.
·Interfaces with vendors and internal personnel to review and recommend changes to and/or new products and components
· Experience in aerospace and defense industry engineering fundamentals with a solid understanding of product reliability, product/project prioritization, trade studies, and analysis.
· Understanding of MIL-SPEC design drivers and validation/verification.
· Knowledge and application of DFMA.
· Knowledge of systems integration (Hardware/Software/Firmware) from both a design and production perspective. Project or team management/leadership experience.
· Experience in the development, design, manufacturing, and fielding of high performance visible through IR remote sensing systems.
· Must be a US Person
· Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in relevant ISR, sensor or imaging system technology areas and disciplines, such as: ISR, earth remote sensing, high altitude airborne electro-optic (EO) and infrared (IR) sensors
· Experience with model-based systems engineering tools and processes (MBSE, SysML).
Typical Education: BS degree w/4–7+ years’ experience, MS degree w/2–5+ years’ experience
Preferred Education: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics Bachelors / Masters. Additional training in systems engineering, remote sensing systems and domains desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.