6 months ago
- This position requires experience with the design, installation, and certification of aircraft systems and equipment.
- Experience with composite layups and water/waste systems is a plus.
- The candidate should have a high level of proficiency with CATIA V5 and the CPDM, tubing and sheet metal design work benches from initial conceptual layouts and routing through detailed design.
- The candidate should be able to interpret and generate system schematics and should have experience with aircraft integration with multiple other aircraft design organizations.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience with supplier joint development and integration tasks as well as system and component certification and qualification.
- Experience in the use of MS Office tools and preparing presentations in support of design and technical reviews is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 10 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 8 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 6 yrs in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues 2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule 5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results 6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.