Provide on-site academic instruction and on-equipment proficiency training to Navy and Marine Corps personnel, technical specialist, and other Government employees, on the prevention, inspection and treatment of corrosion on Navy and USMC aviation platforms and systems.
Provide on-site technical support to operating units, commands and shore-based industrial activities to analyze and identify corrosion control discrepancies in maintenance procedures contained in the most current versions of technical manuals for weapon systems/equipment; compare performance of actual weapon systems/equipment corrosion control procedures against the corrosion control procedures documented in these weapon systems/equipment technical manuals.
Perform on-site analysis of weapon systems/equipment corrosion control deficiencies/failures, in accordance with the requirements of appropriate technical manuals and provide advice on the development of resolutions.
Education:/Experience: A High School diploma or GED and Technical Training in a relevant technical field is required along with five (5) years of practical hands-on experience within the past seven (7) years. Two (2) years of this experience must be at or above the military E5 level or non-military equivalent experience: Senior Journeyman level, Senior Electronics or Engineering Technician level, etc. is acceptable.
Optional sources include:
- Navy ""A"" and/or ""C"" schools or service equivalent schools
- Accredited Vocational Education Institutions
- OEM/Factory technical training programs related to the system(s)/equipment being supported
- Experience working on: H-60, F/A-18, H-1, H-53, AV-8, EA6-B, E-2, EA-18G, P-3, P-8, C-130, V22, C-2.
- Experience working on: AIRFRAME, FUSELAGE COMPARTMENTS, ALIGHTING/LAUNCHING SYSTEM, FLIGHT CONTROLS, ESCAPE SYSTEMS, TURBOSHAFT ENGINES, TURBOJET ENGINES, APUs, HELICOPTER DRIVES/TRANSMISSIONS, TURBOFAN ENGINES, POWER PLANT INSTALLATION, A/C/PRSRZ/ICE CONTROL/ENVIRONMENTAL CONTL SYSTEMS, ELECT/LIGHTING SYSTEMS, HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS, FUEL SYSTEMS, OXYGEN SYSTEMS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position may be required to temporarily travel to other activities as necessitated by the country supported for the purpose of training, evaluating and inspecting weapon systems/equipment.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."