9 months ago
Job ID #: 9738
Location: US - New York - Garden City
Functional Area: Sales
Division: AHV - Thermal Management
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - New York - Garden City
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work:
The AMETEK Hughes-Treitler Business Unit, part of the Thermal Systems Management - Aerospace & Defense Division, designs and manufactures state of the art plate-fin heat exchangers, cold plates, condensers, evaporators, and other heat transfer products. We are currently seeking an Estimator who will generate detailed material and labor cost estimates for development and production heat exchanger programs, environmental control subsystem programs and cold plate programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
. Work hand in hand with Proposal Manager to review and evaluate customer requirements for MIL/COMO aerospace heat exchangers, cold plates, and environmental control systems
- Generate preliminary designs and manufacturing concepts in accordance with customer requirements
- Generate bill of materials for all hardware designs
- Obtain preliminary quotes for bill of materials, coordinating with procurement department
- Define and estimate fabrication tasks for development and production programs
- Coordinate and estimate proposed program costs for analytical engineering development tasks
- Estimate and coordinate potential program costs for development and production design/drawing
- Coordinate and estimate proposed program costs for development and production testing
- Coordinate and estimate proposed program costs for development and production data items
- Prepare final cost data for all development and production proposal submissions
- Prepare a Business Case model (4-Blocker) for the purpose of formal RFQ review and approval by Director of Sales, Finance and BU Management
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, or similar
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace
- Ability to coordinate activities in engineering and manufacturing groups
- Ability to make detailed presentations of cost proposal materials
- Technical background in design, manufacturing and mechanical engineering
Must be conversant in and read and write English.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy with Microsoft 0ffice (Excel specifically) professional applications
- Technical library of specifications
- Drawing supplies
- Vendor catalogs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.