about 1 month ago
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Develop the cost structure. Estimates labor and material costs of manufacturing and engineering based on request for proposal (RFP) data submitted by prospective customers.
1. Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
2. Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
3. Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor.
4. Prepares and maintains historical cost data.
5. Creates cost models for cost estimating elements.
6. Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent in experience.
* Additional 8-10 years Estimating experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Metal fabrication preferred.
* Strong knowledge of various exotic metals and their use for aerospace components.
* Understand sheet metal mechanic, welding, chemical processing, etc. as processes used on metals.
* Knowledge of tooling and labor hours, etc for manufacturing.
* Knowledge of cold forming technologies such as bulge, hydro and drop- hammer is a plus.
Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a diverse work group.
Excellent mathematical skills with ability to solve complex match problems using algebraic equations, geometry, trigonometry, and in fractions, decimals, and percent.
Strong computer skills using windows and MS Office suite.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.