7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54456BR Date posted 09/28/City Monroe
State North Carolina
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
Responsible for ETL development in support of data analysis, reporting and visualization. The position requires working with end users to gather and understand requirements, and making data available for consumption through use of enterprise tools and solutions. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience in gathering Business Requirements, and be able to work independently and with all levels of business users.
* Develop and Support ETL mappings per technical requirements using enterprise tools such as Informatica and Alteryx
* Data profiling and analysis
* Create and edit SQL queries.
* Blend data elements to create powerful dashboards.
* Work closely with report developers and business analysts to deliver required business solutions.
* Recognize reporting inconsistencies and initiate resolution of data problems.
* Ensure report accuracy and perform data validation and analysis using SQL.
* Create and deliver end-user training and documentation.
* Collaborates with analytics teams to design and support strategic solutions
* Participate in discussions and provide input into new tools and technologies
* Complete necessary documentation for all development work
* 2+ years' experience
* Understanding of the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques
* Knowledge of data management and reporting technologies, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
* Enterprise data warehouse technologies, modeling, mapping, ETL and analysis
* Experience in analytics and reporting lifecycle
* Experience in working with SAP data
* Experience with enterprise-scale reports and dashboards, descriptive statistics and preparing big datasets
Knowledge & Skills:
* Knowledge of Informatica, Alteryx and/or other ETL tools
* Solid creative thinking and visualization skills
* Database Platform Exposure: SQL Server, Oracle
* Experience in the development of data mappings
* Ability to resolve data integration issues
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Highly motivated, self-starter who can deliver results with minimal guidance
* Customer focused, with strong interpersonal written/verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills
* Working in a manufacturing environment
* Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Experience in gathering business requirements in a global reporting environment.
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Business Objects, Tableau and Alteryx development experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.