12 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. Safran Electronics & Defense is the No. 1 company in Europe and No. 3 worldwide for inertial navigation systems used in air, land and naval applications. It is also No. 1 worldwide in helicopter flight controls and the European leader in optronics and tactical UAV systems. Operating worldwide, Safran Electronics & Defense employs 7,600 people in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and South America.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Mechanical engineering
Internship / Student
Part time / Full time
The ETS Engineer INTERN is part of the ETS Engineering Team. He/she is working with the electronic and mechanical engineer and performs the tasks and missions described below and related to electronic and mechanical products of the different OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer):
oSafran Electronics and Defense OEM
oSafran Landing Systems OEM
oSafran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA OEM
-Perform Document Analysis
-Interface related to OEM repair standards with Tickets and ETS Requests.
- Perform First Article Inspection
- Entry In Service
- Participate to the HSE SAFRAN Projects and ECO Design.
- Design and produce tools
- Assist the Product Design and Research and Development Engineer
- Assist and Support the production of the product which Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA is the OEM
- Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
Candidate skills & requirements
- Degree in Engineering.
- Excellent team working skills, prompt to initiative.
- Well organized.
- A large degree of variety and latitude is expected.
- Advanced Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Aviation experience related will be a plus.
- HSE (Health / Security / Environment) experience related will be a plus.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
North America, United States, Texas
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required