4 months ago
L3 Technologies ESS Inc. (L3 ESS), a division of L3 Aerospace Systems (AS) segment, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated logistics and system support services providing OEM and third party MRO for a variety of avionics, cockpit displays and other systems. We provide integrated and performance based logistics support, logistics management, supply chain management and technical solutions for air, land and naval platforms for defense applications.
L3 ESS employs highly skilled and experienced personnel, including logisticians, engineers, technologists and technicians and we are now seeking a motivated individual for the Halifax team:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Reporting directly to the Vice President of ESS and as an active member of the leadership team the Executive Administrator will support the administration and management of a broad range of functions and duties to meet and exceed the company’s overall objectives. This will include exercising functional/operational support over the Halifax facility departmental leads including Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts and Program Management. Other core duties will be to:
* Working with system support management (Programs, Engineering, and Technical Publications) and other stakeholders to leverage program growth and enhance systems engineering service offerings.
* Maintaining and refining road-maps for existing businesses, including key product life cycle gates and investment points
* Demonstrated ability to develop actionable plans and recommendations related to existing business growth or new market entry.
* Prior experience as a user in the operational support of complex systems and equipment.
* Understanding of business case processes, including market positioning, competitor assessment, customer needs and financial analysis.
* Preparation and/or creation of various correspondence, agreements, business reports and proposal submissions
* Create Power Point presentations
* Analyze and interpret financial data and other information.
The successful applicant can expect to enjoy L3 ESS’s 9/80 Work Schedule—2 weeks’ work scheduled into 9 work days, resulting in every other Friday off. A comprehensive benefits package is also included.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally, you have a degree in business, science or a related discipline. In addition to your 5+ years of relevant business operational leadership experience with increasing breadth and responsibility, you will also possess following:
* A solid background in program management and be conversant in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). PMI certification is a definite asset.
* The ability to consider multiple factors when dealing with situations, challenges and opportunities and understand the importance of program-wide outcomes
* Experience in multiple functional areas of a company.
* Intermediate to expert user of MS Office applications
* Proposal creation and management experience
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required.
* Knowledge/Experience with SAP or other ERP system.
* Excellent management, interpersonal, presentation, and decision-making skills.
* Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, discretion and tact.
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearances.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Confidential
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Electronic Systems