8 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Administrative Support
Part time / Full time
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of a French-American joint-venture, the Executive Assistant provides executive support and back-office activities in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies, which includes international customers, on all the matters pertaining to the Office of the Senior Vice President. The Executive Assistant also manages corporate documents and archives, and oversees special projects from conception to completion. The Executive Assistant must be creative, autonomous, result-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Immersed in a multi-cultural environment, the Executive Assistant will be working with American and French organizations. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Senior Vice President including active calendar management, mail management and follow-up, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, and completing expense reports
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the Senior Vice President's schedule is followed. Act as a “gatekeeper"
• Works closely with the Senior Vice President to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Communicates directly and on behalf of the Senior Vice President to individuals at all levels of the organization on matters related to Senior Vice President's initiatives
• Coordinates all aspect of meeting and travel logistics and itinerary preparation to include VIP visits (client leadership, high ranking officials, and etc.)
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues, action items, and concerns that may be sensitive or confidential in nature
• Draft letters and successfully proposition the completion of standard documents pertaining to the Senior Vice President in a timely manner
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Senior Vice President's office and the internal departments of the joint-venture parent companies as well as all outside calls
Candidate skills & requirements
• Have the appropriate leadership to build positive relationships with the other Executive Assistants within the two parent companies Additional description Corporate Support and Strategic Initiatives
• Maintains and updates the key documents related to the corporate organization (organizational charts, employee directory, bios, executive presentations, brochures, and etc.)
• Serves as the general administrator of the corporate documentation library
• Organizes and manages the corporate archives
• Administers the lobby “welcome" touch-screen (content update and etc.)
• Promotes the company's integration into the local community, and as needed represent the company at local organizations or associations
• Ensures the distribution of internal communications
• Organizes and coordinates company events
• Collaborates with Safran USA Shared Services; assists Human Resources in the coordination and execution of HR activities.
• Strong organizational skills that reflects ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to details
• Strong interpersonal, customer service, and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Demonstrated adaptability to changing environments
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Proven emotional maturity built on years of experience
Required Education and Experience
• 5 to 10 years of relevant administrative experience
• Experience or desire to work in an international environment, specifically with European based businesses
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Social media knowledge is a plus.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Washington
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years