3 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Executive Assistant provides services essential to the mission of the organization and the daily operations of two Vice-Presidents. Executive Assistants are responsible for providing administrative support and to maintain the Executive's good relations with partners, colleagues and other organizational contacts. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment and the individual who occupies the role will be delegated authority regarding matters of significance. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational, and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor role supports executive administrative activities for Alaska Airlines (AS).
- Proactively ensures executives are aware of changing priorities and commitments, as well as extensive calendar management on a daily basis, with an emphasis on anticipating ways in which executive time may be saved.
- Attends key meetings, tracks and helps drive completion of key deliverables, and ensures project commitments assigned to staff are met in a timely manner.
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels of Executive's internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of the organization's plans and priorities.
- Screens incoming calls to Executive, determining nature of call and whether or not it requires the attention of Executive. Whenever possible responds to caller directly based on knowledge of Executive's preferences, office functions, policy, priorities, availability, etc.
- Performs analytical special projects, especially involving budgets, staffing forecasts, and organizational charts.
- Handles electronic communications (with knowledge of Executives views, philosophy, and some understanding of technical matters), prepares agendas, presentation materials, reports, and ensures filing systems are up-to-date.
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for Executive's signature to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as consistency with organizational policy. Follows up with staff to ensure deadlines are met. Reviews other prepared documents requiring Executive's signature (e.g., purchase orders, leave requests, expense reports, contracts, etc.).
- Makes and reviews all travel arrangements for Executive including air travel, hotel and ground transportation for Executive (may also include personal travel arrangements as needed); prepares the itinerary, confirms lodging and transportation, and processes travel reconciliation.
- Coordinates ongoing maintenance of office property and oversees repairs when necessary. Submits work orders to building maintenance staff, maintains department manuals, orders office supplies.
- Maintains files used by Executive Office and corporate files of the organization, modifying when necessary and applying records retention policies pertaining to retention and disposition.
- Coordinates and manages Executive Committee off-site and Officer Planning Session event details including site visits, arranging location, negotiating and reviewing contracts, arranging transportation, managing on-site responsibilities, etc. (Travel/overnight stay required.)
- Reviews and processes invoices, arranges events and meetings, books travel arrangements, and completes expense reports.
- Handles matters of a confidential nature, and performs administrative functions based on understanding of company policy and the executive's views and philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with administrative support or related experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening), with ability to draft and prepare highly professional correspondence.
- Positive, proactive approach, with the ability to have fun at work and help others do the same.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills, with an analytical mindset.
- Ability to remain calm and possess an even disposition under pressure.
- Ability exercise sound business judgment in keeping team members informed as necessary.
- Ability to use discretion while maintaining sensitivity to confidential matters.
- A valid drivers license and auto insurance.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in business administration or a related discipline.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: January 11, 2018
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.