8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Executive Assistant - Legal in our Interior Systems business located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel - Interior Systems, who leads the legal group of the former B/E Aerospace business, the Executive Assistant - Legal will schedule appointments, give information to callers, take dictation, and otherwise relieve officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
* Performs complex administrative activities in close relationship to the day-to-day work of the Legal department. Will support multiple attorneys and normally works in a confidential and highly responsive relationship with management at a senior level of responsibility and discretion
* Tracks and maintains departmental budgets and assists management in determining budget requirements.
* Types and assembles complex data (i.e., tables, charts, reports and memorandums) under general direction; applies a sound working knowledge of equipment capabilities to plan details of formatting, spacing and page layout.
* Composes/edits letters and memorandums that require an excellent working knowledge of departmental functions.
* Screens telephone calls and business visitors and applies departmental knowledge in response to questions; routes inquiries to appropriate personnel or department.
* Interfaces with all levels of Rockwell personnel and external contacts to coordinate departmental efforts and exchange information requiring moderate interpretation or discussion.
* Schedules appointments, determining priorities and maintaining calendars.
* Establishes, maintains and reviews departmental files; maintains control files on confidential/high priority matters and follows up on outstanding issues when required.
* May prepare materials and agenda for departmental and/or management meetings.
* May be required to attend meetings, seminars, etc., to take notes or furnish information.
* May be responsible for following up on assignments of department, committee, assigned group, etc., to ensure decisions are implemented and appropriate person are notified.
* Responsible for maintaining knowledge and proficiency in state-of-the-art office automation systems to enhance productivity and continuous process improvement.
* Identifies, initiates and coordinates projects to fulfill departmental administrative needs.
* File the annual reports and pay the fees for all of company entities and maintain files.
Copy and produce documents for subpoenas received regarding litigation cases.
Add any new litigation cases and custodians to Excel list and active list in the OGC home page and update as needed.
Add all new litigation cases and information in Concourse and update as needed. Send out notices to all custodians.
Compare the employee termination list received daily from HR to the active litigation cases. Release employees on the lists and in concourse if necessary.
Open all new IP cases (disclosures) and send to assigned outside counsel.
Reviewing annuity reports received from CPI and paying annuity fees as necessary.
Help manage annuity and maintenance fees (US and foreign). Request transfers as necessary from outside counsel to CPI.
Update and record filing of applications in IPMS and CPI. Also update Excel spreadsheet with relevant information. Send out notifications for inventor awards.
Update and record patent issues in CPI and IPMS.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to operate various office machines and equipment.
Requires knowledge, utilization and proficiency in use of a variety of software packages.
Requires extensive understanding of office practices and administrative policies and procedures.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of Rockwell personnel and external contacts.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing is required.
* Five years of related experience.
May be required to pass a typing test and take shorthand.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.