2 months ago
Executive Assistant, Strategy & Corporate Services (1 year term)
Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Reporting to the CFO & Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Services, the Executive Assistant is accountable for providing senior level administrative support, to the CFO & Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Services, and assists in fulfilling his accountabilities and objectives. This position represents the office in a professional manner on all matters, and supports the SBU Directors, and other VPs as necessary, on all matters of senior level administration, including those of a confidential nature, with direct accountability for the efficiency and operation of the CFO & Vice President’s Office.
• Ensure the CFO & Vice President’s time is prioritized and coordinated by interacting with internal/external contacts in order to have a good understanding of upcoming priorities, and preparing or providing necessary materials in a timely manner.
• Providing senior level administrative support to the CFO & Vice President by ensuring coordination of activities amongst the Business Unit and Edmonton Airports, and provide input for improvement on existing processes and procedures.
• Maintaining a document management system which may include, coordinating and monitoring budgets, preparing project reports and scheduling.
• Provide support during chair meetings by preparing agendas, arranging meeting facilities, acting as recording secretary and preparing actions minutes.
• Assist in the development and proof editing of the quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, and SBU Directors in the preparation of their board work plan items, and ensure content is in an acceptable format.
• Act as a liaison between the Vice President and internal partners to ensure proper handling of all Strategy & Corporate Services matters, timely communication of information, and emerging issues receive priorities as applicable.
• Education in Business Administration or a Technical certificate/diploma/degree would be considered an asset.
• Ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality and discretion under all circumstances.
• Senior level knowledge in administration functions and Microsoft Office applications
• Experience using SharePoint; must have willingness to learn new software
• Ability to work well and communicate with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, including the ability to write effectively and clearly
• Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal record check is required
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature
4 days ago
only 24 days until close