2 months ago
Expert Architect, Business Intelligence-MON13978
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Develop the Enterprise BI target architecture and standard including bundled BI solution within Application package, advance analytics and Big Data technologies;
- Conduct Proof of Value(PoV) on new technology use cases in partnership with market leaders in order to demonstrate improvement opportunities and identify potential new business models;
- Understand the information needs of the enterprise and develop a conceptual enterprise data model to support the data being produced and consumed across the enterprise;
- Support the Line of Business (LoB) in the definition of their BI roadmaps that align to their Business strategic objectives;
- Create proposal for the enterprise data governance and data stewardship models and coordinate the data governance activities;
- Maintain the corporate enterprise data model;
- Define data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures in collaboration with the BI team;
- Provide guidance on current and emerging regulations (e.g., consumer privacy laws, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines) to ensure proper governance and quality of information assets;
As our ideal candidate,
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. or equivalent work experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience with large companies implementing BI solutions and creating enterprise BI architecture.
- 7 to 10 years developing BI solutions and creating data model
- You demonstrate hands-on experience implementing and developing BI and Advance Analytic solutions;
- You possess a strong knowledge in data/information architecture, information policies, information asset management, information modeling, and information taxonomy creation;
- You master the concepts and best practices of all the different data layers and data services (i.e.: landing, staging, ODS, DW, Cubes)
- You have experience implementing self-service BI solution;
- You demonstrate hands-on experience in analyzing projects, programs, business and portfolio needs, as well as to determine the resources needed and the investments required to achieve objectives.
- You possess strong communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization and the ability to create marketing and messaging materials to satisfy stakeholder preferences;
- You are able to work on multiple projects providing BI leadership and expertise
- You have the ability to work on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments;
- You can coach and mentor junior technical staff;
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills ( English and French);
- You have the ability to rapidly assess new technology trends and their value-proposal to business needs;
- You demonstrate the ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader;
- You have the ability to balance short-term results with long-term needs and to offer incremental approaches to achieve strategic objectives;
- You possess experience in implementing the following tools: Microsoft Power BI, SAP BW, SAP Hana.
- You have knowledge of the following advance analytic tools: (IBM) Watson, (Microsoft) Cortana.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Data/System Architecture
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.08.2017, 9:23:17 PM