6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
1. Responsible for oversight of the preparation and issuance of the 10-Q and 10-K Filings with the SEC as well as other SEC filings such as 8-K’s (primarily our quarterly earnings release), shelf registrations, etc. (i.e., S-8). Also responsible for oversight of benefit plan reporting (including 11-K filings) and other reporting, as needed.
2. Work independently to prepare certain elements of the financial statements for SEC filings and the Annual Report. Must be up-to-date related to SEC reporting issues such as Regulation S-X, S-K, G, etc.
3. Oversight responsibility for the SEC documents during the preparation phase and is responsible for working with all departments and other parties involved throughout the preparation (FP&A, legal, communications, treasury, tax, etc.) and for incorporating all comments and making all necessary revisions, based on feedback provided by management and external legal and accounting/auditing personnel. Ensure consistency of messaging across SEC filings, news release and investor decks on a quarterly basis.
4. Responsible for technical accounting research as needed and documenting our accounting positions, based on conclusions reached after researching the related topics.
5. Consult with Finance and Business Managers at domestic and international subsidiaries regarding issues, as needed, and assisting in the process to resolve those on a timely basis as they arise.
6. Responsible for executing the changes necessary to appropriately reflect accounting, presentation, and disclosure changes in the consolidated financial statements.
7. This role also responsibilities for executing certain internal controls over financial reporting for SOX compliance and for assisting others in the organization with the design & execution of other controls.
8. Requires direct interaction with executive managment and officers of the company as well as external legal and accounting/auditing personnel. As it relates to the external audit specifically, this role is responsible for facilitating audit requests, tracking the status of the external audit and reporting on that status (including issues & open items) to management.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
* Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
* Strong project management skills, ability to follow multiple time critical work streams, ability to manage multiple projects, people and teams.
* Ability to exercise judgment – This individual must be able to determine if the disclosures provided appropriately explain our operating results and comply with all applicable standards.
* Ability to take input from multiple sources and combine feedback received into a cohesive message.
* Attention to detail is critical - Ensure that all internal and external reporting is complete and accurate.
* Results orientation – Demonstrated ability to hit deadlines and achieve targeted milestones.
* Bachelor of Finance/Accounting (Master of Finance/Accounting or MBA, preferred)
* Minimum of 6-8 years of auditing experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm required.
* Certified Public Accountant license required.
* Experience with SEC registrants required.
* Experience with global manufacturing companies is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.