The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Configuration Management and Product Integration Engineer (Level 2) to support Global Services & Support (GS&S) Integrated Logistics - Division of Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) on the F-22 program.
As a Configuration Management and Product Integration Engineer (Level 2) you will define and allocate Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems throughout the product lifecycle. You will also, assist in the development and implementation of engineering technical program plans of limited scope including impacts, risks and incorporation of lessons learned; support in the integration, routine analysis and resolution of issues with engineering product structure.
The selected applicant will be a member of a high-performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. This team will be modeling the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) approach to support all aspects of product development.
This position is located in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Job Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supports the maintenance of the change management server and maintenance on the F-22 program.
• Collaborates with teams in the development, analysis, management and compliance verification of process, and product baselines of complex products.
• Defines, plans, coordinates and conducts product and subsystem level technical design reviews and audits for new and derivative products.
• Analyzes complex product trades and/or changes and develops technically complete change proposals.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of Configuration and Data Management standards, processes and tools.
• Manages site data library and program sharepoint and ensures remote sites have access to critical documentation.
• Supports in the integration, routine analysis and resolution of issues with engineering product structure.
• Supports the development and implementation of configuration/data management plans.
• Develops, incorporates, and implements engineering technical program plans including impacts, risks and incorporation of lessons learned extended over multiple engineering functions.
• Owns and executes the change management process.
• Maintains Product Version history, library and media.
• Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a career interest in technical excellence, developing/deploying/supporting effective and efficient processes and procedures, excellent communications skills, and the ability to develop and present material on a variety of topics, both technical and administrative.
• Experience managing configuration management tools.
• Experience supporting and managing complex projects, change boards, and PLM tools across diverse Programs and IPT's.
• In-depth knowledge of product lifecycle, including manufacturing, deployment, modification, aging and continued service, and disposal.
• In-depth knowledge of the methodology and processes associated with risk management, and conducting trade studies.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the technical considerations related to the integration of the products (hardware, software and knowledge of the configuration and data management processes and tools within the product life-cycle.
• Experience gathering and collecting configuration and data management planning; configuration and document identification; change management documentation/data; configuration status accounting; data status tracking and recording.
• Experience collecting configuration management and data management requirements for product hardware and software and for engineering design data systems throughout the product lifecycle.
• Experience supporting design reviews and audits, and data/information retention i.e. including retrieval of active data required for historical or legal purposes.
• Effective writing and communication skills to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
• General understanding of techniques to help identify a customer's organization, capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, problems, and other constraints in order to provide effective product support and technical issue resolution.
• General understanding to evaluate complex vehicles and systems from a multitude of perspectives. Includes the ability to apply figures of merit and integrated optimization tools.
• Experience performing multi-disciplinary trade studies to evaluate configuration alternatives for functional and spatial integration.
• Experience collecting, organizing, synthesizing, and analyzing data; summarizing findings to develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the work group level.
• This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Occasional business travel may be required.
Typical Education / Experience:
• Level 2 - Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Familiar with Boeing design, production, and build processes (e.g., maintenance access solid, dependability cost model, produceability, tradeoffs) to effectively influence product design.
• Familiar with the responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics); including the interaction between departments/ disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
• Working knowledge compiling and collecting configuration management and data management requirements for product hardware and software and for engineering design data systems (e.g., CATIA, ENOVIA, Teamcenter, and ClearCase) throughout the product lifecycle.
• Working knowledge associated with risk identification, establishing design constraints, and evaluating trade space.
• Working knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award