5 months ago
Join a team where Software really matters! Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking experienced software engineers (level 3) for exciting opportunities with the F-22 program in St. Louis, Missouri. In this role, you will develop embedded real-time software that executes onboard the F-22 Raptor aircraft.
This software engineer will perform hands-on requirements development, interface definition, design, code, unit testing, and integration testing of flight software using a tailored Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process.
Types of software to be developed include datalinks, sensor fusion, sensor tasking and control, mission management, fire control, and embedded training. The mission software is programmed in the Ada programming language and executes on the Integrity operating system, with plans to develop some software in the C++ programming language with execution on the Linux operating system as part of the Open Systems Architecture (OSA) transition.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions. Supporting the F-22 program, you will play a key role that partners Boeing with an aerospace industry partner and the United States Air Force.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Candidates must obtain an interim clearance prior to starting and a final clearance post-start.
* Experience in the development of real-time avionics, simulation, modeling, or test equipment software is required.
* The individual must work well in a group setting and have strong inter-personal and communication skills.
* Real-time software development experience for avionic or laboratory hardware.
* Experience with the Software Development lifecycle (including Requirements Analysis, Design, Code, Integration and Test).
Preferred Experience & Skills:
* Real-time embedded software development
* Integrated avionic systems
* Real-time operating systems
* Intel i960, Power PC, and Linux-based processors
* Agile software development principles and VersionOne
Ada, C++, C#, Perl, Clearase, ClearQuest, DOORS
* Knowledge of or experience with Agile software development concepts
Degree and Typical Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent with strong programming skills is preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award