5 months ago
Join a team where Software really matters! Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking experienced senior software engineers (level 4) for exciting opportunities with the F-22 program in St. Louis, Missouri. In this role, you will work on the Avionics Simulation (AviSim) team which is responsible for multiple real-time systems and tools used by all F-22 labs in multiple geographic locations.
The simulation software engineer has the following responsibilities:
* Collaborate with the system design, system test and software teams (including industry partners and suppliers) to agree on simulation updates required to validate and verify new and modified avionics capabilities
* Provide support to the F-22 system and subsystem labs including resolution of technical issues
* Participate in the complete software development lifecycle (requirements development, design, coding, testing) for simulation products
* Integrate supplier developed simulation software into the overall simulation framework
* Rehost Ada and VAPS flight software to execute on commercial operating systems, such as Linux.
* Develop software and operate using a tailored Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions. Supporting the F-22 program, you will play a key role that partners Boeing with an aerospace industry partner and the United States Air Force.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Candidates must obtain an interim clearance prior to starting and a final clearance post-start.
* Technical leadership and/or subject matter expertise in the development of real-time avionics, simulation, modeling or test equipment software
* The individual must work well in a group setting and have strong inter-personal and communication skills.
* Real-time software development experience with avionic or laboratory hardware.
* Experience with the Software Development lifecycle (including Requirements Analysis, Design, Code, Integration and Test).
Preferred Experience & Skills:
* Real-time embedded software development using MIL-STD-1553, PI-bus, High Speed Data Bus, ARINC-429, and Ethernet networks.
* Familiarity with RS-422 and RS-485 serial communications, including Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC) PowerPC computer architecture, VME, VPX, PCI, and PCIe bus standards and operation
* Utilization of analog and digital I/O hardware for device control and status.
* Experience with real-time operating systems (Integrity, VxWorks).
* Development on Linux and Windows platforms.
* Familiarity with integrated Avionics systems, including knowledge of F-22 mission software, sensors, stores management, weapon systems, data links (F-22 and Link-16), Pilot Vehicle Interface, GPS/INS, time synchronization, and instrumentation products and services.
* Experience with Link-16 networks, message formats, and network emulators.
* Installation of simulation systems (hardware and software) in test labs, including unique tailoring for individual labs.
* Knowledge of or experience with Agile software development concepts.
* Experience with Ada95, C, C++, C#, Perl programming languages, Qt user interface framework, VAPS ClearCase, ClearQuest, VersionOne, Visual Studio, AdaMULTI, and DOORS.
Degree and Typical Education:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent with strong programming skills is preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award