27 days ago
Middle River Aircraft Systems is a subsidiary of GE. Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To fabricate and repair complex composite and metal bonded assemblies. Includes the teardown of assemblies post cure and the cleaning of bond tools. Bonded assemblies are complex due to the quantity of interrelated components requiring precision alignment in fixtures not completely equipped with stops, locators, etc., and/or close tolerances critical to accurate assembly. To perform this function in accordance with the following duties.
* Uses works from engineering and tool design drawings, specifications, sketches and/or verbal information to fabricate and repair composite and metal bonded assemblies
* Studies information, tools and details to plan fabrication of assignment
* Prepares materials, molds, patterns, adhesives, etc., for molding and bonding processes
* Makes and uses templates to cut materials to desired shape
* Lays-out resin impregnated sheets against molds where complex contours and angles are usually encountered in inaccessible areas, requiring manipulative skill to fit and smooth laminates to eliminate wrinkles and remove air pockets
* Works laminate layers to desired smoothness to eliminate voids, delamination, crazing, blistering and wrinkles
* Locates all parts and assemblies which involves precision alignment and location of components to close tolerances and fitting and adjusting assemblies and components in and out of fixtures to meet specifications
* Determines location, position, accuracy of fit, conformity to contour, etc., of bonded assemblies by comparison with drawings and sketches
Fabricates initial bonded assemblies, proving tools and component parts used in their fabrication, ascertains location, fit, clearance, etc., of components and usability and practicability of tools
* Determines method and sequence of work operations for use in assembling subsequent units
Removes parts post-cure from associated molds and tools
* Cleans molds and / or tools as part of teardown process
* Repairs any damage to composite and metal bonded assemblies where the repair requires the utilization of uncured or prefabricated repair details on areas requiring intricate precision layouts
* Grinds, shaves, countersinks and inserts as specified in MPP’s
* Adheres to company safety procedures and regulations
* Operation of cranes, fork trucks, people lifts, upenders, lift tables, and rotating devices is required
* Duties involve working at heights, working around cured and pre-cured graphite, and use of lasers, hand and power tools
* Participates and actively engages in Collaborative Work Group to meet business goals
* Must be 18 years of age or older.HS diploma / GED equivalent
Broad shop trade knowledge of bonding procedures
* Ability to read and interpret complex assembly drawings, lofts, and specifications, use shop mathematics and work with all types of precision measuring instruments
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
* GE will require proof of status prior to employment
Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust or fumes (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels-PEL)
* Requires continuous mental and visual attention; planning, fitting, repairing and assembling details for an assembly involving precision alignment and locations of parts to close tolerances.
* Willingness and ability to work the off shifts
* Flexible for various shift assignments and overtime
* Must be capable of passing a drug screen and background check
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
* We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Must be able to produce documents showing you are authorized to work in the United States.
* Mechanical experience in a manufacturing and/or aerospace environment
* Energetic and positive attitude to excel in skills and knowledge
* Excellent attendance and punctuality history
* Makes decisions based on experience and available data
History of meeting or exceeding job requirements
History of accepting or giving constructive criticism
* Communicates clearly and effectively
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.