16 days ago
This Facilities Ground Maintenance Specialist position will support Boeing at our Chantilly, VA site.
- Maintain exterior campus facilities to include, but not limited to the following:
- Remove trash form exterior receptacles and dispose into larger dumpsters.
- Remove snow via snowplow vehicles and shovels.
- Spread ice melt via spreader and other methods.
- Clean facility grounds via sweeper equipment or manual methods.
- Remove debris as required.
- Maintain and repair small engines, such as tractors, UTVs, and/or other small engines.
- Utilize DC knowledge for repairing electrical issues on vehicles and equipment.
- Work in severe/extreme weather conditions, such as hot or cold temperatures, rain, sleet, or snow.
- Oversee and work with sub-contractors such as, landscaping companies and barrier maintenance companies.
- Capable of working with limited supervision.
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Repairs and maintains exterior facilities equipment such as generators.
- Under general guidance, reviews customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities.
- May receive specialized equipment training.
- May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Grounds Maintenance experience
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 35lbs on a frequent basis
- Able to climb ladders, work from aerial/scissor lifts, walk on grid platforms and work from the roofs of commercial building
- A current valid driver’s license
- A current active Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph
- Small engine repair experience
ADDITIONAL JOB RELATED INFORMATION: 1st shift hours are 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday – Friday.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award