5 months ago
This position will be located at our Springfield, VA site.
- Develops and formalizes integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle.
- Consolidates independently generated project data and interfaces with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure stakeholder understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk.
- Recommends appropriate actions to stakeholders to satisfy project goals and objectives.
- Acts as consultant to site management in the design, development and implementation of project management processes and systems.
- Develops project plan for major projects, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R).
- Establishes formalized project change control board and processes, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are properly documented and submitted for approval or rejection.
- Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
- Identifies and documents requirements necessary to meet project needs.
- Defines scope with the project team, applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures to ensure all of the work and only the work required to complete the project is included in the baseline.
- Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources, for major projects.
- Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project. Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met.
- Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes, for major projects. Establishes cost baseline.
- Monitors baseline, using earned value management system.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met. Identifies and formalizes required communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program and functional organizations.
- Prepares and presents management briefings to communicate project(s) status, identify issues and solicit help for resolution.Identifies potential risks by using established project management tools.
- Assesses risks, by applying standard project risk techniques.
- Develops risk response plan and makes recommendations to project stakeholders to minimize project risk. Identifies for project team, the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret, U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- A current active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Must be able to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI Poly) Security Clearance post start
- Minimum of 7 years project or construction management experience
- Able to work alternate work schedule to meet mission demands
- Facilities and O&M experience
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Proficiency using SAP
- Experience working in Federal Government environment
- Bachelors Degree
- Understanding of Facilities Operations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
** Job will be located in Springfield, VA
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award