2 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Facility Engineering Specialist, you will be responsible for utilizing your knowledge of facilities electrical system design to complete on-site commercial and industrial projects. The Facility Engineering Specialist will survey proposed project locations and identify the required scope of electrical work and develop budgetary cost estimates.
In the role of Facility Engineering Specialist, You will execute the design, analysis, and / or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards and product requirements.
In addition, as the Facility Engineering Specialist, you will :
* Perform basic electrical design calculations and standard computations such as power system loading requirements and required building illumination levels
* Perform field surveys to obtain pertinent information for the electrical system design
* Construct one-line diagrams, equipment installation details, panelboard schedules and all other critical construction drawing elements to ensure clear, concise and constructible drawings
* Design of low voltage lighting, access control, fire alarm, and motor control systems
* Develop electrical system equipment layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection
* Participate and conduct design reviews of construction / installation drawings developed by vendors
* Confirm accuracy, producibility and compliance to applicable codes and standards
* Direct drafting efforts to complete design and construction / installation drawings
* Observe the execution of construction to assure adherence to approved construction documents
* Review proposals for change of work. Prepare independent cost estimate and recommendations as to the necessity for such change
* Review contractor’s material submittals and substitutions, construction drawings and equipment / system installation manuals for conformity with construction contract requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Prior experience working in an industrial facilities engineering environment
* Familiar with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70), National Electrical Safety Code (NFPA 70E), NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and IEEE Power
System Design Standards
* Working knowledge of HVAC and motor control systems
* Experience designing power distribution and control systems for industrial facilities
* Familiar with the basic design concepts associated with low voltage lighting control, fire alarm, and access control systems
* Familiar with emergency lighting control systems and applicable life safety code requirements
* Proficient technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
* Strong problem-solving skills
* AutoCAD experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software
* Self-starter, results oriented, ability to multi task, strong detail focus
* Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.