2 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Motor & Crane Services is the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications. Our team is positioned for further growth, and is dedicated to expanding its proven reputation as the leader in electric motor, controls and generator services.
Perform on site and /or in shop troubleshooting, including: testing, repair, rigging for replacement of motors on site, bearing and fan shaft change outs.
Read and understand electrical prints and electronic schematics.
Perform on site start-ups and submit required forms, reports, and documentation.
Promote a culture of excellent customer service and look for opportunities to broaden relationships or sales opportunities with new and existing customers
Maintain company equipment and vehicles
Maintain current body of knowledge/training (attending manufacturers’ continuing development or factory training classes)
Work extended hours or work on-call as scheduling demands or as needed
Travel to customer sites to perform work duties as needed
* High School Diploma or GED required. Prefer Associate's Degree or post-high-school education in electrical schooling or related vocation.
* At least five (5) years experience as aTechnician or Electronic Technician, including the maintenance, repair, construction, and/or design of electrical motors, controls, and equipment.. This includes the ability to perform on-site start-ups and operator training. experience using test equipment such as: multimeters, meterscope, simulators, and power supplies.
* State certified electrician (E1, E2) strongly preferred.
* Strong mechanical, rigging skills and understanding of electrical motors and equipment.
* Ability to express technical ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
* Position requires Technician to have own relevant hand-tools/equipment. Other industrial tools/equipment/vehicle will be provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.