10 months ago
Field Support Engineer, Level 2 (Test Systems)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Field Support Engineer, Level 3-4 (Test Systems)
Who We Are
Astronics Test Systems ensures optimal performance of mission critical systems through innovative test solutions. With more than 55 years of experience, we offer test expertise to electronics manufacturers in the aerospace, military, semiconductor, medical and other high reliability industries. We exceed your expectations with tailored solutions created from advanced technologies and with a collaborative spirit to achieve your vital time, cost, and performance goals. Our wide range of products and capabilities include integrated test systems, test instruments, training and simulation equipment, and custom engineering services. Today the world's leading manufacturers trust our solutions to test billions of devices, ensuring the reliable performance of everything from advanced military missions to commercial air travel to the smart phone in your pocket.
Serves as resident product specialist within the Product Support organization for the technical resolution of equipment field issues affecting availability. Serves as technical resource to field engineering in the diagnosis of test systems malfunctions and the implementation of product solutions. Acts as liaison between field engineering and functional engineering staffs in the identification of reengineering requirements and retrofit development. Ensures issues and resolutions are clearly understood by both parties. A successful Field Support Engineer will help drive improvements in the area of equipment reliability, serviceability, maintainability and aid in improving the overall customer experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Conducts engineering assessments for the diagnosis of equipment failures and malfunctions. Designs or recommends test evaluation protocols for identifying functional problems and potential solutions. Coordinates the resolution of technical issues and field implementation of product solutions.
* Coordinates with product engineering and subcontracts management in the development of changes to technical specifications for parts and components supplied by subcontractors for installed systems. May directly interact with subcontractor technical staffs on design solutions.
* Provides technical inputs to for the development of field applications manuals, field service bulletins, training manuals/course content and special training requirements.
* Conducts serviceability feasibility studies for new product designs. May serve on cross-functional product development teams to ensure full consideration of product support and field maintenance needs. Recommends equipment modifications for existing systems to improve reliability and serviceability.
* Collaborates with field support, spares management, subcontracts management, operations management and engineering to provide a comprehensive support network for the field engineering organization.
* A typical office day may include equipment problem escalations, creation of documentation (equipment manuals and supporting documentation) and maintaining communications (attending meetings, e-mail, face to face) with other Astronics groups and key suppliers.
* A typical field day, out of the office, may include the physical installation of new equipment, retrofit of already fielded equipment, floor sustaining support, isolation of equipment failures, training other FSE's formally or informally.
* Domestic and International business travel is a requirement of this position (10% - 60%) depending on the equipment support schedule (with flexibility allotted for personal commitments).
Three or more years automated test equipment or related field support experience. Must have experience and technical competencies in the troubleshooting of electromechanical systems, robotics and pick-and-place systems. Understanding of thermal control systems is preferred. BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and the ability to speak, read and write the Taiwanese language is a plus. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field support experience and technical competencies in the troubleshooting of electromechanical systems, robotics and pick-and-place systems. Five or more years automated test equipment support experience. Should have technical understanding of thermal control systems. The ability to speak, read or write the Taiwanese and/or the Korean language is a plus. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Must be a US Citizen/US Person.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
10-60% Domestic and International business travel.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.