Manager, IT Technical Support
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Field Systems Specialist I installs and maintains all information and communications systems at Alaska Air Group (AAG) facilities and contracted locations. This role requires a solid understanding of an enterprise computing system, including physical hardware, software configurations, virtual components, networks, telephony and radio communications. In addition, the Field Systems Specialist I is expected to regularly participate in small and medium, cross-divisional technology projects. This necessitates the ability to provide management and oversight to vendors, contractors, and peers to implement technology projects. At its core this Specialist is the face of IT to our internal and external customers.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports field systems activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Installs and provides first and second-level support of information, communication, and airport-related systems.
- Ensures reported problems are resolved in a timely manner and follows-up on all outstanding incidents until they are fully resolved.
- Provides technical assistance to end-users to support desktop computers, software, and other supported systems.
- Maintains accurate and detailed documentation of all supported systems and physical locations.
- Assists contractors and vendors with implementations and problem resolution for assigned systems.
- Provides technical projects and maintenance assistance to companion work groups, while ensuring good inter-departmental relations.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time efficiently to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
- Develops the relevant skills and knowledge to make consistent progress toward achieving the Field Systems Specialist II position.
- Leverages knowledge, skills and abilities to apply the Field Systems Specialist general skill set.
- Participates in shift, weekend, after-hours, and on-call rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum 2 years of work experience implementing and/or supporting Infrastructure computing systems.
- A minimum 2 years of documented IT experience.
- Experience participating in small and medium cross-divisional technology projects.
- Proven experience quickly learning new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to lift/stand/bend/climb in order to complete essential job functions.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (e.g., evenings, weekends, after-hours, holidays, etc.).
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience supporting multiple technical platforms (e.g., Windows, MAC OS, VMware, Altiris).
- Project Management skills or experience.
- Experience with telephony and radio communications.
- Airline experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree is preferred.
The location for this position is in San Francisco, California
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before:
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.