9 months ago
The Finance Business Partner Leads Finance functions and oversees accounting, and controls across the portfolio of MIC businesses in Hawaii that include: Hawaii Gas, Critchfield Pacific, and Renewable & Distributed Resources Projects. Will engage in strategic efforts to reduce the cost and improve the reliability and sustainability of energy in Hawaii.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* Financial, Planning and Analysis
* Compile and analyze monthly reporting packages
* Lead annual budgeting process, quarterly reforecast and 3-year plan
* Direct special projects in collaboration with department heads
* Accounting & Controls (interim)
* Supervise monthly, quarterly and annual close; sign rep letters
* Document procedures to achieve and maintain SOX compliance
* Hawaii Gas Rate Case Support
* Participate in rate case planning and strategy
* Lead compilation of supporting financial data for rate case submission
* Respond to additional data requests from regulators
* New Business / Business optimization
* Support analysis for new business ventures
* Lead projects driving business optimization
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BA / BS in finance or accounting
* 15+ years experience in finance / accounting function for 300+ employee, multi location organization
* Previous work for a public company a plus
* Microsoft Great Plains familiarity; experience with percentage of completion accounting
* Experience supporting growth initiatives; modeling new activities, quantifying risks and identifying return drivers
* Strong Excel skills (e.g. macros, pivot tables, lookup, database functions).
* Creative, structured problem solver capable of working independently with limited supervision
* Superior communication and team skills as this position will interact with all levels of management
* Deadline orientation and proven track record of results under time pressure: “Whatever it takes” outlook.
* High level of integrity and dependability
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm. This position requires overtime and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Some travel will be required, sometimes with little or no notice, up to 25%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop as necessary.