6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Economy / Finance
May 2018- September 2018
Internship / Student
Part time / Full time
Responsible for assisting the Safran USA Finance Department in financial controlling, accounting software improvement and various related special projects for Safran USA Finance department. The position will also entail assisting the Finance Department on filling financial surveys due to some state and federal agencies. This position requires frequent coordination with Financial Controller to meet deadlines. This position also requires the ability to work in a detail-oriented environment, and involves frequent correspondence with individuals in the Finance Departments.
• Assist in reviewing monthly results by department within Safran USA
• Expense report auditing
• Assist in building dashboard and KPI's by department
• Assist in the development and improvement of the accounting system
• Assist in filling surveys due to some state and federal agencies
• Assist in Corporate credit card statement reconciliation
• Assist in Accounts Payable allocation of invoices
• Assist in Accounts Payable data entry
• Assist in reconciliations of accounts like workers comp, other reserves, and etc.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Currently pursuing a degree in Accounting or related business field.
• Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint needed.
North America, United States, Texas
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required