4 months ago
Finance Intern - Summer 2018
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54072BR Date posted 09/27/City Vergennes
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion. We currently have a finance intern position located in Vergennes, Vermont.
This internship will provide a student with practical experience related to finance objectives in the areas of financial analysis, cost analysis and budgeting. Related job responsibilities will require the chosen candidate to:
* Assist with the preparation, consolidation, analysis and documentation of financial data used to summarize and measure status, evaluation of business plans, identification of variances and predict results.
* Be assigned to small projects or discreet tasks within functional discipline.
* Work with departmental managers and other members of the finance team to develop accurate cost center budgets giving ownership to each manager for their responsibility.
* Continue learning the fundamentals of the discipline, role and different areas of the finance organization.
* Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Qualification: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required.
-Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
-Minimum completion of at least 30 credit hours
-Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
-Must hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
Past experience of working in a finance department desirable.
Education: The prospective intern will have completed their junior year at an accredited University/College in Finance by May/June 2017.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.