The Financial Analyst assists in the design and implementation of PSA Airlines comprehensive strategic financial plan. Tracks financial and productivity performance, and is involved with financial forecasting, development of operating and capital plans, staffing analysis, cost reduction and process improvement strategies
Essential Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Development of the annual operating budget and models used to forecast operating expenditures
· Coordinate near and long term planning activities to ensure consistency and compliance with corporate American Airlines action plans
· Evaluate competitive strategies and industry trends to determine impact on current or contemplated action plans
· Assist management during labor negotiations by developing and utilizing costing models to determine the financial impact of union and company economic proposals
· Create business cases and financial analysis for capital proposals in order to secure capital funding
· Coordinate annual capital plan process and track actual and forecasted capital spend on current/future projects
· Complete monthly financial close and review of business expenses
· Present results to senior management in a clear and concise manner
Required Education and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting
· Superior analytical skills with an understanding of discounted cash flow analysis, forecasting techniques and variance analysis
· Adaptability and flexibility in the use of analytical approaches pertaining to financial issues
· Excellent teamwork skills, with proven ability to work effectively in a variety of situations
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to accept ownership, responsibility and accountability of functional obligations
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
· Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.