5 months ago
What does a Financial Analyst do for Allegiant?
The Financial Analyst will directly support senior management by analyzing cost center spend, budgeting, forecasting, performing variance analysis, capital expenditures, acquisition, ad-hoc financial analysis, and other projects as requested.
What are some of the daily duties of a Financial Analyst?
* Results-driven; accepting responsibility for individual performance and contributions to team projects
* Provides in-depth analyses of business results, identify emerging risks and opportunities, and communicate findings with senior management
* Work with departments to understand key drivers and enhance financial modeling and forecast accuracy
* Identify areas of improvement, create a plan to address improvement areas, execute and provide reporting/analysis for the plan
* Analyze data to explain trends and variances from budget and forecast
* Ability to work with cross-functional groups in a collaborative environment
* Manage time effectively in order to meet timelines across multiple projects
* Leverage solid Excel and financial modeling skills
* Perform a variety of tasks and ad-hoc analysis
* Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Financial Analyst?
* Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics and/or Engineering
* Previous Experience – Airline or transport interest; experience in business, economics and/or math, and ability to create spreadsheet models and produce relevant outputs are all beneficial
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Financial Analyst?
* Strong systems skills, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
* QlikView and Cognos experience a plus
* Excellent critical thinker and effective problem solver with creative solutions
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to present to senior management
* Deals well with and finds ways to decrease ambiguity
* Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined by the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Financial Analyst?
* Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment
* Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct
of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.