6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
• Assembling/disassembling aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls per supplied drawings and process instructions.
• Identifying proper and improper fits, alignments and condition of components.
• Other related duties as required including repairing and assembly of aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls
Candidate skills & requirements
• Must be able to read blueprints and hydraulic schemes that identify and explain the function of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
• Proven problem solving skills and experience/exposure to lean manufacturing.
• Identifying non-conformances when assembling landing gear.
• Basic personal tool kit is also required.
• Graduate from Aircraft Maintenance College or Licensed AME or five years related experience in a relevant field.
• Ability to use hand and machine tools.
• Must be able to identify corrosion and other abnormalities found in supplied parts
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal a must.
• Basic computer skills are an asset
All applicants must be over the age of 18 and meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years